Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lunch With Mary

I am a very lucky girl today. I get to laugh all morning with my knitting friends and then I am going to meet up with my new quilting friend Mary Keasler at the Museum Center at Five Points in Cleveland TN to see a quilt exhibit and to see a special exhibit of her quilts. Here is a preview of her work.


Gulp! Is she a fabulous quilter or what? I hope see some of these pieces in person.


It won't come as a surprise when I say she works a lot harder than I ever have.




It's one thing to make great work but it is quite another to be a fun gal and she is all that too. As I mentioned, I am one lucky gal.



16 comments:

  1. Say hi to Mary for me! We've been friends for a while... She is a wonderful quilter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are wonderful! What a day you shall have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable!!! Fantastic! Wonderful! Great! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does gorgeous work. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:59 AM

    Wow! Very impressive! Thanks for sharing Mary's work. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! I'm speechless!! Fabulous quilts!

    Thanks for the link to her blog. I've bookmarked her's right under yours :)

    Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work. Very different from your quilts. I think you truly are an amazing quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I simply love talented people. Her work is amazing. Would love to be lunching with you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:09 AM

    My goodness. She doesn't work harder than you. Just different than you. I don't think anyone could work any harder than you do.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time....I love Mary's work and enjoy her blog, she's so inpirational, personable and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are 1 lucky gal! But then so is she!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are 1 lucky gal! But then so is she!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love those flowers. The thistles are my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary is amazingly talented and creative...and so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melody, I have admired Mary's work for quite some time.. She is an amazing artist.. Lucky you to be seeing her work up close and personal!
    Two amazing artist having lunch together.. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilts. You are both lucky to have each other as friends.
    Thanks for sharing her work.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com